|©2012 Fundacion Mahatma Gandhi. Las Terrenas, Samaná Province, Dominican Republic.
Legalmente incorporada bajo las leyes de la República Dominicana (2012). RNC 430-125-997.
Our work through the years has depended on the good faith of
friends, donations of materials from a variety of sources, and the
generous work of volunteers.
In order to continue our work your contributions are important.
FMG does not receive funds from external organizations or from
the government to maintain its programs, to get the material
resources it needs or to expand. With the recent exceptions of
Proyecto Reverde (environment) and Esperanza (literacy) all
programs and services need funding.
You can make donations directly into our bank account:
Fundación Mahatma Gandhi
Account # 777-603-556
If you live overseas please use:
SWIFT BPD ODOSX
If you live in the U.S., wish to make a financial contribution and do
NOT need a tax receipt then you can use the donation page on this
page or send a check or money order to:
1035 NE Hawthorne
Hillsboro, OR 97124
We are in the process of obtaining 501(c)3 status and until then
you may use the options described above.
In addition, if you live in the U.S. and wish to send money or other
donations (books, materials, etc.), and if you DO NEED a receipt
for tax purposes then you may send your donation to:
A.C.E.S. North America, Inc.
613 Cemetery St.
Williamsport, PA 17701
Presidente: Linell Stabler
As a partner organization, closely related to our mission, ACES
North America will transfer 100% of your donation directly to us.
ACES is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization legally incorporated in
Donation of Resources
If you are a soon-to-be volunteer, or if you want to send us
materials and/or resources for our programs you may use the
ACES address above to ship any of the following, or you may bring
- Books for all ages preferably in Spanish or bilingual (English &
- Coloring books and/or coloring pages
- Construction paper
- Maps, atlases and related materials
- Scrap paper, drawing paper and all usable materials for crafts,
coloring, drawing or painting
- Crayola, coloring pencils, washable color markers
- Tape, masking tape, paper scissors
- Chalk for floor coloring
- Puppets, puppet-making materials
- Puppet show set up
- Teddy bears and other stuffed animals
- All types of costumes, including Halloween costumes, animal
costumes, clowns and/or any other representation
- Fabric for small projects
- Beads and beads project materials
- Birthday decoration materials, including balloons
- Legos, puzzles and any other related toys (no guns or toys that
- Any toys or articles that can be used as prizes for children and
- Candle making materials
- Any sets for craft-making that comes with instructions
- Christmas, Hanukkah or Kwanza decorations, including lights
- Posters with nature and animal motives
- New t-shirts, youth sizes
- Learning games, all types
- Chess, checkers and any other table games
- CDs with learning programs, nature shows, learning to write
and write (either English or Spanish)
- CDs with children's music
- National Geographic CDs, preferably with Spanish language text
- CDs or VHS videos of Sesame Street, the Discovery Channel,
the Learning Channel and/or any other similar program,
preferably in Spanish
- CDs with tutorial programs for leaning any language or subject,
or for teaching how to navigate the internet, or use the internet
for other projects
- Scrap fabric for sewing classes
- Sewing machines and related equipment
- Computers, laptops, scanner, printers and related equipment.
For local donations please contact Annette Snyder at
809.496.0245, or José Bourget al 829.330.0986, or use the
contact form at right.
One very important donor was Samana
Dreams which donated the funds to build
our terrace at the first location of the
allowed the use of their space for the
In addition to the Bourget Snyder.family,
funds for camps were also obtained
through activities by Sonia Bollar. El
Caballo Tours has donated papers,
monitors and expendable materials. For
two years la Compañía Luz y Fuerza
donated the electricity for our use. Dena
McKelvey donated a copier and printer.
ACES North America has been a regular
donor of materials including a number of
desks, chairs, furniture, bikes, computers,
educational materials and a variety of
other resources. The Club Medusa de
Barcelona generously donated money for
the building of our atelier at the new
library and the playground. Donations for
the new library were received from
Stephany Bete, Bonne Bete, Emily
Perkins andJosé Abraham Abud. Steve
Huffine and Nancy Espino have helped
with expenses for the summer camps.
Sam Geraci, Fondation Pare and Rose
Tejeda-Navarre have funded most of the
expenses for Proyecto esperanza.
Donations have been received by
students from La Escuelita de Christiane
and also from passing tourists and
visitors to Las Terrenas.
We appreciate book donations from the
St. Cloud Middle High School (St. Cloud,
Houston, Texas (USA); the International
Book Project in San Diego, CA (USA); the
Washington County Library System in
Hillsboro, Oregon (USA); the Biblioteca
Santillana; Muchachos y Muchachas
con Don Bosco inn Santo Domingo; and
numerous individuals in our community
who have donated books in a variety of
Pat and helper, setting up a homemade pupper show.